Honey Building Work Last Year

At the Mount Vernon location I moved to in early 2014, there are two honey buildings taking shape. One was the leaky-roofed shed that I put a metal roof on and featured in an earlier post. It did come with a floor anyway. Here is how the interior started:

Now I’ve got it setup with heat, water, and a proper electrical box that can handle a decent load. Here’s the insulation phase (after framing up the interior with stud walls and windows):

I’ll make a video of the finished interior sometime soon.

At the same time, I also needed to get a floor into the larger steel building where I store equipment. Life is much better now that it no longer involves so much lime and dirt. Here is a picture of my happy transformation going up on 1/2″ rebar:

In the last photo of the day, I rented a little mini-loader with a trenching attachment from my local ACE to tile in the drains. My own skid steer unfortunately doesn’t have the auxiliary connections built out on the frame:

Anyway, I just thought I’d share those pics from the endeavors of last summer and fall! I’m thinking this year will be more manageable now that things are decently operational–though there is certainly still plenty to accomplish!