The bees are moved out and boxed up. There were several locations that caught a good flow off of black locust this year–and even if some of it stayed in the brood chambers, there were also a good number that made excellent progress in a box or two of surplus. It has been several years since the weather cooperated decently with that first leg of the honey season, so I will count that as an auspicious event.
Here is one of the last yards we set up as June got underway. It’s in a really pretty spot on the northern end of our circuit, including a pond about forty feet opposite the direction that the photo captures:
It has bothered me a bit that my painting proclivity declined during the past few years as we got things built up for the future, so we tackled that mission anew on a pretty summer day! Here Sammy is communing with the bees as she restores the appearance and integrity of some brood boxes 🙂 I can’t figure out a good way to insert the Facebook video, so you can check out the buzzing by clicking here!
In the meanwhile, Andrew is making sure that the truck seat does not get away….strapping up the interior of the F250 is a recent pastime of joy. So far I have been patient with the great jumble of straps that also results from his precise security measures: